Proud Professional Reader

Professional Reader

About the Blog

Welcome to Paula and Sarina's Book Blog! Avid readers, hard core fan girls of fictional literary male characters, proud library captains. We started this blog because of our love for reading YA novels and decided to share our thoughts on the books we read. We hope you enjoy our blog and contact us if you have any questions :)
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday 2 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish. Because your admins here at From Covers to Covers love the idea of making funny and interesting lists, we were really excited to participate in this weekly challenge!

This week is the first ever Top Ten Tuesday to be hosted here at From Covers to Covers, and what a way to start it off. Fictional male characters is one of the main topics that Paula and I talk about whether we are standing next to each other or texting from home. I believe that this topic was created for our sake. Without further ado, I present, in no particular order, the top ten characters that Paula and I would gladly marry if we ever met them in real life (it's a possibility):





 

1. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Augustus Augustus Augustus Augustus. Gus. I read TFIOS very recently, and Gus has leapt into my heart, and I never plan on letting him out. I know Paula feels the same way too. He was always so open about his love for Hazel, and he had too many adorable quirks to handle. If I could date one fictional guy right now, he'd be at the top of my list.



2. Sam Roth from The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater

Sam is most probably the first fictional character that I ever fell head over heels in love with. He started off as this broken boy who honestly believed that he didn't deserve to be loved, and boy was he ever loved... by the thousands of girls that melted as he expressed his undying love for Grace. I tell you, that Grace is a lucky girl.

 






3. Roger Sullivan from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

I'm sorry, but the road trips I go on are never accompanied by a guy this hot. Excuse me, where can I get in on that? Roger is probably the best companion to have with you. He's sweet, considerate, caring, and he didn't make a move on Amy even though he was completely alone with her driving across the country. That's a gentleman ladies.



 



4. Jase Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Speaking of gentlemen, Jase Garrett is probably the cutest and sweetest guy ever. I fell in love with Jase as fast as Sam did in this book. Their love is one that all girls wish their lives had, and I honestly believe that every girl deserves a love like this. Even when Jase gets mad, he's perfect. He. Is. Perfect.






 
5. Adam Wilde from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman

I must admit, I only liked Adam in If I Stay, but boy did he ever sweep me away in Where She Went. Having a novel narrated by him, I developed a deeper understanding of Adam's character, and I realized how much of a sweetheart he is. Yes, he did have an edge to him, but I think that just made him even more attractive. I mean, who could resist a boy who sings to you?


 


6. Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
 
Jonah Griggs is a badass. But he's a hot badass. In some ways, those are the best male characters. The ones who seem hard and stoic on the outside, but have a loving, sensitive inside. Jonah Griggs is the epitome of this description. His loving and protective manner towards Taylor had me drooling all book long.

 
 



 


 




 
 
SAAWOOOOON. I haven't read that many Dessen novels myself, but so far Wes is my favourite. from what I've heard, this is a popular opinion. Wes is cute as hell. He is a great friend and boyfriend, and he is extremely modest. I think that's on of his most attractives qualities - his abilitiy to act natural and be cute without overtly trying to be flirty. Modesty is an attractive trait on guys.

 
 


 
Okay so it's 10pm one spring night, and I pull out this book to read. I had read some pretty rave reviews of this one, and I couldn't wait until the morning to read it, so I dug in. I didn't sleep that night. Anna was a fantastic and ralatable narrator, but St. Clair stole the show for me. god, if you looked into a dictionary and found the definition for perfection, it would say "Étienne St. Clair". This boy did everything right and even his imperfections were perfect. Can't get enough of this British French American boy.
 






 



 
 
Perkins creates another male masterpiece in Cricket. He seemed more real than St. Clair did because he seemed like a boy that you could meet at school whereas St. Clair came straight from heaven. Cricket was adorkable, and it was perfect. His persistence for Lola was swoonable and his love for her was breathtaking. Cricket Bell, you stole my heart.
 


 
This one is a bit of a cheat. While Charlie in the book had some pretty unforgettable thoughts, he wasn't exactly the most crushworthy guy out there. Logan Lerman completed Charlie's character. Most movie adaptions fall short of the book, but this movie hit all the right chords, and Logan Lerman's performance was flawless. He made Charlie a character to swoon over, and I love him for that.
 

 
 
 
 
Just because he's beautiful and how can you not have Logan Lerman on your blog? :)

And that's wrap! What are some of your top characters that you would crush on if you were also a fictional character?

~SARINA



3 comments:

Tin said...

We both have Cricket and Charlie. You are so right about Cricket, he's more real than Etienne, that's one of the reasons why I prefer him more than the latter. Charlie is such a sweet boy and Logan does amp up his crush worthiness. :D

Sarina said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad that you agree with our opinions about these two guys. Those boys are honestly some of my favourites among all the fictional male characters out there.

lillylilac said...

Great list, I love Charlie, Sam and Augustus as well. Although I started crushing on Charlie long before I knew the book was going to become a movie, I kind of have a thing for sweet broken boys such as Charlie and Sam. That being said I love Logan Lerman and I think he made the perfect Charlie.